In Chinese culture, the five elements are a fundamental concept in many areas of life, including philosophy, medicine, astrology, and the arts. The five elements are wood, fire, earth, metal, and water, and each element is associated with specific qualities and characteristics.
The meanings of the five elements in Chinese culture are as follows:
- Wood: Wood is associated with growth, vitality, and flexibility. It is associated with the color green and the east direction.
- Fire: Fire is associated with passion, energy, and transformation. It is associated with the color red and the south direction.
- Earth: Earth is associated with stability, nourishment, and support. It is associated with the color yellow and the center direction.
- Metal: Metal is associated with strength, determination, and clarity. It is associated with the color white and the west direction.
- Water: Water is associated with flow, adaptability, and wisdom. It is associated with the color black and the north direction.
About Cloisonne Baoding Balls
Handmade cloisonne baoding balls are a truly unique and beautiful addition to any collection. Cloisonne is an ancient Chinese art form where intricate patterns and designs shaped by hand using copper wire are carefully applied to the surface of the ball, which is then hand-painting with enamel.
The enamel coating is fired at high temperatures, making it durable and resistant to scratching. This means that your beautiful baoding balls will last for years to come. No two cloisonne baoding balls are exactly alike, making each one a unique and beautiful work of art that is both functional and decorative. Whether you choose to display them on a shelf or keep them tucked away in a drawer, these balls are sure to be a conversation starter.
Another great feature of these balls is their ability to help with stress relief and relaxation with their ability to make a chiming sound when they are rolled around in the hand. The chiming sound is produced by small bead inside the ball. As the ball is rolled around, the bead strikes against a coil inside the ball, creating a pleasant, soothing sound. The sound is similar to that of a gentle wind chime, and has a calming effect on the mind and body.
Baoding balls have been used for centuries to improve coordination and to help relieve tension. By gently rolling the balls in your hand, you can relax your mind and body, making them the perfect addition to any meditation or mindfulness practice.
|Weight of Pair
Medium: 5 to 6 oz., Large: 7 to 8 oz.
Medium: 1.6 inches, Large: 2 inches